The Village of Fox Lake Code Enforcement Officer is responsible for enforcing adopted codes and ordinances that are designed to maintain a well-kept community
Common Violations Include:
- Garbage, constructions materials, debris on the exterior of the property. Maintain your property, keeping it clean of debris and garbage.
- Overgrown properties with grass/weeds exceeding 8 inches in height. Grass must be kept cut on both occupied and vacant properties at a height below 8 inches.
- Parking of vehicles, trailers, and boats etc. on the lawn. Parking is allowed on approved surfaces, not your lawn.
- Storing too many recreational vehicles on a property. Only 2 trailers/recreational vehicles are permitted on each lot and must be stored on the driveway.
- Leaving trash receptacles at the curb for too long. Trash containers must be removed from the curb within 24 hours after your normally scheduled pickup day and can not be placed at the curb more than 24 hours before your scheduled pickup day.
- Renting out your dwelling without a rental certificate. Rental units need to be registered with the village and pass an inspection each time a there is a change of tenants.
- Garage sale signs on the public right of way. Garage sale signs are not allowed on the public right-of-way and/or utility poles.
- Trim tree branches and shrubbery so they do not obstruct the view of pedestrians or vehicle traffic and don't overhang sidewalks or streets in a manner that renders them non-navigable.
- Do not push or remove snow, leaves, landscape or other yard waste from private property onto the public right-of-way.
- Not cleaning up after your dog. Clean up after your pets and please keep them leashed.
- Storing inoperable vehicles on the exterior of your property. Vehicles must be operable and have current registration. Placing a tarp over your inoperable vehicle does not remove it from the view of the public.